Amenez la communication de votre entreprise et de vos événements à un autre niveau.
The Overly app uses the camera on your smartphone, whilst the app is enabled, to recognise images through the camera and show on-screen dynamic content on top of what you see in the real world – what’s known as ‘augmented reality’.
Overly is an augmented reality platform for third party use.
We use artificial intelligence, computer vision technology and other functionality – including, where you choose to enable it, facial recognition technology – to make this happen.
You can find out more about our app and how it works at http://www.overlyapp.com
As part of our offering to other businesses, we enable them to offer you augmented reality content via the Overly app as part of their advertising and marketing campaigns.
At Overly we are working to build a service which is useful and fun for our users and in doing that we are absolutely committed to your privacy. The Overly app, the Overly websites and related APIs and tools covered by this policy are constantly evolving as we add new features to improve your experience, but our users’ privacy remains at the heart of what we do. As the Overly app changes, so might the information we use and how we use it. We encourage users to consult this policy whilst using Overly app.
The technology behind Overly is complex, and you can do different things using the Overly app, the Overly websites and related APIs and tools, so we have tried to explain the ways we collect and use your data in a straightforward way so you know what is going on. We welcome any feedback or questions you may have on privacy matters and how we use your data – please contact us at info@Overly.lv
WHO WE ARE
Overly is a technology business headquartered in Riga, Latvia, with partner companies in various countries around the world. For the purposes of European data protection law, Overly SIA (registered in Riga, Latvia, Registration number 40103755658) is the ultimate data controller for personal data collected, processed and used through the app.
WHAT THIS DOCUMENT TELLS YOU
When you use the Overly app, websites, APIs, tools and any other services we may make available, you will share some information with us. When we talk about the Overly “app” or “service”, we mean all the websites, APIs, tools and other products, services and features offered by Overly.
This policy is designed to explain to you what information about you Overly collects in providing the Overly app and service, how that information is used and shared and how you can control what happens with that information.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you use the Overly app or visit our websites we receive certain information about you, including:
- digital images of the objects and people you are scanning
- Overly app scans and other online content you are shown and link to and your interests and preferences suggested by what you’ve scanned and what online content you’ve viewed
- a unique user ID, which we assign to you, against which we maintain data about you and your use of the Overly app
- your location (both generally in respect of your locale, e.g. the UK and specifically, exact latitude and longitude coordinates)
- certain mobile network and device identifiers to help us provide our services including the IP address that your internet network provider may allocate to your mobile or other internet enabled device.
We also receive additional personal information about you which you choose to give us.
When you use our Overly administration tool and/or our APIs, content generated or procured by you might be transferred to the Overly platform (“User Generated Content”).
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your personal information to provide, monitor and improve the Overly app, website, services and the technology which supports them and to provide you with a great, personalised experience. We will occasionally use your information to contact you, for instance if you send us requests or ask us questions about Overly or if there are technical or operational issues or updates which we think our users need to know about.
We provide augmented reality services to brands so that their marketing materials are scannable, providing users with augmented reality content when they scan materials such as magazine adverts or product packaging. Where we do this, we also report to our clients on an aggregated basis (so that no individuals are identified), the location of users scanning their content, how long they spent interacting with the client’s scannable content or our app generally and how they use our app.
We also disclose information in the aggregate to third parties for marketing and strategic development purposes.
This Section Has General Information About Your Personal Information
WHERE WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
The information we collect in relation to you is stored on data centres operated by our third party providers. Our data centres are currently based in Europe. By using Overly service, you consent to the hosting of your personal information on these servers, which may involve the transfer of your personal data outside of the country it was collected. It is important to note that countries have different regulations in relation to personal information, including in relation to rights of access by law enforcement authorities.
CAN I FIND OUT WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION OVERLY HOLDS ABOUT ME?
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information Overly holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. We need to establish your identity as we do not want to release information to the wrong person, so we may ask for documents that prove your identity. Please address requests and questions about this to info@Overly.lv
How we share your information
We may share information about you in the following ways:
- With third parties. We may share your information with the following third parties:
- With organisations who provide services or technology to us.We may share information about you with service providers who perform services on our behalf – for instance our data centre providers who host the Overly technology and data and partners that provide services to us. These third-party providers have access to your data only for the purpose of performing services on our behalf.
- We provide augmented reality services to brands so that their marketing materials are scannable, showing users augmented reality content when they scan the materials. Where we do this, we also report to our clients on an aggregated basis where users accessing their augmented reality content are located, how long they spent interacting with the client’s Overly content or our app generally and how they use the Overly app.
- We also disclose information in the aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) to third parties for marketing and strategic development purposes.
- With third parties for legal reasons. We may share information about you if we believe that disclosing the information is needed to:
- comply with any valid legal process, governmental request, or applicable law, rule, or regulation
- protect the rights, property, and safety of us, our users, or others
- detect and resolve any fraud or security concerns
- With our affiliates. We may share your information with entities within the Overly family of companies
- With third parties if Overly is acquired or its legal structure undergoes a reorganisation or all or a big chunk of our business is transferred to another company or companies.. In that circumstance we may share your information with that company before and after the transaction closes so that we can still provide you with a great service.
HOW OLD DO I HAVE TO BE TO USE OVERLY?
Overly services are intended for users who are at least 13 years old. Overly does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13.
HOW LONG WILL OVERLY KEEP MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary to provide access to our app and websites and will not hold onto it once we have processed a request by you to delete your account. By emailing info@Overly.lv, you can have all account data deleted – if you do this a red flag goes on the database and, while Overly cannot use the personal information, it stays on the system for a period for administration purposes before being deleted automatically.
If we are subject to a legally binding requirement to retain user information for a specific period, this may (subject to the law in question) override your ability to require deletion.
Please remember that other Overly users may have content and information you have made available through Overly, for instance through screen shots or other image capture and we do not control how they use or how long they keep that content.
THE SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
In addition, we take reasonable administrative, physical and electronic measures designed to protect the information that we collect from or about you (including your personal information) from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. We use encryption methods when storing and transmitting. Please be aware, however, that no method of transmitting information over the Internet or storing information is completely secure. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of any information.
When you download or use the app on your mobile device, information may be accessed from or stored to your mobile device. This is used in a similar way to a web browser cookie, such as by enabling the apps to ‘remember’ you or provide you with the content you have requested.
Your web browser on your device or your mobile device’s operating system may also provide Overly with information about your mobile device, such as a device identifier or IP address. Device identifiers may be collected automatically, such as the device ID, IP address and apps ID (a unique identifier relating to the particular copy of the Apps you are running). In the future we may use mobile device identifiers for advertising use which perform a similar role to cookies, like the IDFA used by Apple devices and the Advertising ID used by Android devices.